Naturalism

I am not sure what naturalism as a philosophical system excludes but I am pretty sure that it includes what Ken has written in his post below, 'What if?'
I suspect that this is all true, cells dying and/or being replenished and a sense that the body, biologically, in this narrative, is a bit like the state of nature in Hobbes. Or Bosch. But what I think is possibly excluded in the naturalistic account is, well, to use just one term, desire. I am not sure if desire happens naturally in the way that cellular degeneration does. Desire is about will or intention, conscious or unconscious. And that I think involves a different model of understanding to that of naturalism.
Maybe, following on yet again from the Poe story, swirls for me have a malevolent aspect. An aspect that is willed by a part of the self.

No comments:

Post a Comment