Response

I want to respond to a point in the comment below. I want to do this before I post a few lined on Bateson's concept of the double-bind.
I previously wrote that the swirl caused a cognitive breakdown, and Ken disagrees. His point is that irrespective of the pain and psychic devastation wrought by a swirl, the observing ego carries on as usual. That's to say there is no breakdown of that. Accepted.
But, and yes I think there is a but. I goes like this. The swirl is disruptive and a disrupter. It is doing something and initiates a change. So in the move from normalcy to the swirl, something happens that is sudden and I am not sure what in that movement the ego discerns except for what seems like a change in state. So there may be some clarity in the before and after but maybe not at the point of change except for the felt fact of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment